RACINE SUSTAINABLE BUSINESS NETWORK
"Solar Energy for All"
Corporations, businesses, governments, schools, non-profits.
Solar For All Workshop - Racine Sustainable Business Network
*each member of your company will need to fill out the sheet
● All Corporations and Businesses: 30% tax credit; 20-30% depreciation; + Focus on Energy grant (2018)
● Corporations: Potential for major grant from Focus on Energy (2018). 5 to 7 year payback.
● Small Businesses: Additional 20 % in the SWSGB Group Buy program. 4+ year payback.
● Non Tax Paying Entities: governments, schools, non-profits, churches. Through investors establishing Limited Liability Corporations, these entities can draw on the benefits available to corporations and businesses. Other financing options are available.
Come to learn about success stories, benefits, finance options, with the opportunity to sign up for a free assessment.
When: Thursday, August 24, 2017 from 7:00 to 9:00 am
Where: Gateway Technical College, Racine Building, Michigan Room
Light breakfast and informal networking at 7:00 to 7:30
Stories of Success with Solar: O & H Bakery, Eric Olesen
Gateway Technical College, Stephanie Sklba
Overview of Solar: RENEW Wisconsin
How it Works: Arch Energy: Mike Cornell
Funding: Focus on Energy: Leah Maggio
SOLARacine/Southeast Wisconsin Solar Group Buy
LLCs for non-tax paying entities: Law Firm of Godfrey and Khan
Wisconsin Energy Conservation Corporation: Mary Schlaefer
Table Networking among participants
9:00 to 10:30: Special consultations and sign-up opportunities with presenters
Questions, please contact info@RacineSBN.org
Racine is Going Green: Greening Initiatives in the News
- Greater Racine Food Council to launch Grocery Getter program
- Wild Root Market Finds a New Store Site
- Racine Homes Powered by the Sun
- Nancy Carlson's WATERshed Program trains future citizen scientists for Racine Unified Students
- Greater Racine Water Council's major concerns of the Waukesha diversion on the Root River
- Racine Top Finalist for Communities in Bloom - Melissa Becker highlights Racine
- SOLARacine: Tom Rutkowski lead in Racine's solar power
- First Annual EcoFest at Racine's Gateway Technical College
The following are upcoming events in the Greater Racine area relating to environmental justice and healthy lives. If the calendar does not show, try opening this site in Google Chrome or Firefox.
To add an event with an environmental justice or positive community and health focus in the Greater Racine area, put us on your mailing list or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org