Organizations and Publications
- Wisconsin Green and Healthy Schools: One can search for schools across Wisconsin and filter by various educational programs, outdoor classroom features and sustainability initiatives.
- The Wisconsin School Garden Network (WSGN) is a support network for eco-education in schools, offering creative ideas to get involved in the movement.
- Earth Partnership Program involves a 10-step curriculum dedicated to restoration and bringing together the community.
- Nature's Classroom Institute of Wisconsin has a downloadable curriculum that teachers can use in the classroom. In addition, one can sign up for e-newsletters and discover fun events that engage both students and teachers.
- The Wisconsin Center for Education Research is one of the most productive education research centers in the world. Their mission is to "improve educational outcomes for diverse student populations, impact education practice positively and foster collaborations among academic disciplines and practitioners". They have influenced education policy and practice from preschool through doctoral programs.
- Green Ribbon Schools: The U.S. Department of Education's website lists Green Ribbon Schools in Wisconsin and throughout the U.S. Teachers can find useful fact sheets and applications to become a Green school.
- Green Teacher Magazine: subscribe to Green Teacher and get great kid-tested ideas for fostering learning and inspiring action on environmental issues.
- Racine Zoo: attachment including photos and descriptions of Wildlife Explorers and other programs at the Racine Zoo, as well as links
- Positive environmental impacts and health benefits of driving electric vehicles (EVs)
- Global Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet
- Notes and Activities from Racine Montessori and West Ridge Elementary
- Conference Notes from Green & Healthy Schools Institute at Kromrey Middle School in Middleton, WI